June 11 – Guild Picnic/Potluck Joint Meeting at Our Lady of Victory Social Hall. Set up at 3:00. Dinner at 6 pm. Meeting after dinner. 820 Westerly Parkway.
The picnic is potluck so dig out your best recipe to serve 8-10. Don't forget to bring a serving utensil for your dish. The guild will provide drinks, napkins, and other necessary items.
Hilary Kleckner needs help setting up at 3:00.
We have lots to do at the picnic in addition to socializing, of course. Please bring your Greenbook to use during the 2 votes.
1. Accept the slate of officers for the 2019-2020 Board.
a. President Lizzy Taylor (Looking for a co-President.)
b. Day Vice President/Program Planner (need a nomination)
c. Evening Vice President/Program Planner Cindy Rutschky
d. Secretary Jane Brown
e. Treasurer Brenda Hameister
2. Although many of the Committee members are remaining, we always welcome new help. We are in particular need of a Refreshments Chair who is the coordinator for this picnic/potluck (only) and a Daytime Hospitality who greets members and guests. Please see any board member to volunteer.
3. The Board recommends a vote on omitting the July and August meetings because of low attendance. CPQG would meet 8 times a year: September, October, November, December (joint, Cookie and Ornament Exchange), March, April, May, June (joint, Potluck and Auction). The Board recommends this vote which will save money on venue, speakers, and programs at meetings which have not been well attended recently.
4. Christmas Party (joint) will be on Dec. 10 in the Middle School Cafeteria. Time: TBD. We will hold our traditional Ornament Exchange and this year add a Cookie Exchange.
5. Claire Amick will speak on membership procedures.
6. Raffle quilt Show and Tell.
7. 2018-2019 (Orphan Block) Challenge Show and Tell by Carrie Fala.
8. 2019-2020 Challenge Introduction by Mona Hill.
9. Presentation of Annual Membership Recognition Award.
10. The Board recommends a vote to revise the wording Scholarship for Workshop in the By-Laws. No one has applied for this scholarship as it stands. The Board recommends omitting the financial need requirement and making it an incentive to attend a workshop. Any member could win this scholarship once a year.
11. Monthly Show and Tell
Remember: June is our joint Day and Evening meeting.
*You should have received a post with your current information on it. Please bring it to the June picnic along with payment of $35 dues. If you are unable to be at the picnic, please put the post card with any corrections on it and your check for $35 in an envelope addressed:
Centre Pieces Quilt Guild
P.O. Box 657
Boalsburg, PA 16827
*Pictures for 2019-2020 Membership Directory
Becky Shirer will be available at our picnic meeting in June for you to have your picture taken (or re-taken) for our 2019 – 2020 Directory. We would like to have all pictures taken more than 3 years ago updated. If your picture was distorted in this year’s Greenbook you should also retake your photo.
Shhhhhhhhhh! Please keep your challenge under wraps until we have the official show & tell reveal during the June 11th picnic. At that time I'll tell you whose orphan block you received and we will display our finished projects along with photos of the original blocks.
So please keep it a secret and under wraps until the reveal. See you at the picnic! Carrie
Condolences to the family of former member Marcha Drake who died on June 1. Marcha was president of the Guild in 2002-2003.
Happy June Birthdays to the following Guild member
A belated birthday wish to Mona Hill 6/8